What is covered by the fees ?
The fees compensate the services and performances done by your lawyer of the Law firm Gaillard, Delwiche & Degouis.
What does the costs include?
The costs cover on one hand the disbursements, such as the legal costs (costs of the registry, of the bailiff, of expertise, etc.) and other costs specially made by your lawyer for the case that you have conferred on him (such as transport costs , special letters, translation, etc.).
The costs cover on the other hand the general costs such as costs of secretary, typing, photocopies, telephone, fax.
These costs are generally billed on top of the fees, which compensate only the services and performances of your lawyer.
How are the fees calculated ?
The fees may be calculated by applying the following methods :
• percentage of the amount in issue
• fixed price per performance
• other methods of calculation of fees
The lawyers of the Law firm Cabinet Gaillard, Delwiche & Degouis fix freely their fees within the limits of a fair moderation. Prior to the intervention your lawyer will inform you of the relevant/applicable method of calculating the fees and the costs.
Method of hourly-rate
According to this method, the lawyer registers the time spent on the case and bills this time at the hourly-rate he applies.
The hourly-rates applied by the lawyers of the Law firm Gaillard, Delwiche & Degouis vary from 85 € to 150 € excl. VAT depending specifically on the level of specialization and the experience of your lawyer, as well as the type of the conferred cases.
Method of the percentage of the amount in issue
According to this method, the fees consist of a percentage calculated on the real amount concerned in the case. It is calculated at the end of the case, taking into account in particular the obtained result.
The percentages applied by the lawyers of the Law firm Gaillard, Delwiche & Degouis vary from 5 to 15 %, in particular in accordance with the type of the conferred files
Method of fixed prices per performance
According to this method, the lawyer notes each performance done in the dossier and bills it at a fixed price.
Other methods of calculation of fees
There are other methods of calculating the fees, such as :
• the global fixed price : the overall amount for a case is fixed globally (minimum and/or maximum) : it is agreed that the fees (established according to one of the principal methods of calculation) will not be less than a minimum and/or above a maximum fixed in advance.
• combined method : the fees are calculated by the combination of two or more methods of calculation.
• subscription : the fees consist of a fixed amount for a certain period of time (once a month, once a trimester, once a semester, once a year) or for a number of cases.